Here’s the recipe for the Sweet Potato Crackers from today’s play date. Adapted from: http://www.merrimentdesign.com/sweet-potato-crackers-recipe-easy-healthy-recipe-for-kids.php Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 Tbls unsalted butter @ room temp
- 1 cup sweet potato puree (about 1 medium)
- Roast sweet potato in oven at 400* for 45-50 mins. Cool, peel & mash.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt & sugar in a stand-mixer with paddle attachment add butter.
- Switch to dough hook and add sweet potato. Add a little flour if needed so dough comes together. It will be tacky but not super sticky.
- Divide into 4 portions and refrigerate while oven preheats to 350* (about 20 mins).
- Flour mat & rolling pin. Roll dough out as thin as possible.
- Transfer to a parchment lined cookie sheet and slice dough into squares with a pizza cutter (or cookie cutter shapes). They can be very close.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, turn squares and cook for an additional 2-5 minutes.
- Cool & store in an air tight container. Eat within a week (or freeze, and lightly bake to restore crispiness).